InVivo Biosystems (formerly NemaMetrix Inc.) is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and Zebrafish to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations. InVivo Biosystems is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon with a satellite office located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Role: Laboratory Tech III/IV - Zebrafish
Location: Eugene, OR
Working as part of our Zebrafish Gene Editing team, this role is designed to deliver genome edited animals for both internal and external clients. Using established workflows, this hands-on bench role is responsible for the execution and delivery of daily/weekly project tasks and meeting delivery milestones. Additionally, this role will be expected to identify areas of improvement, apply creative problem solving to overcome project roadblocks, and serve as a technical resource for advanced gene editing methodologies.
What You’ll be Doing:
· Designing repair templates and constructs for CRISPR and Tol2 mediated gene editing in Zebrafish.
· Using standard and advanced molecular biology techniques for detecting precise edits in vivo.
· Screening and propagation of de novo genome edited Zebrafish.
· Troubleshooting innovative technologies to validate design and detect editing events.
· Working collaboratively within a team to meet commercial timelines, with the ability to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Providing execution and adherence to SOPs, detailed project tracking and documentation.
· Supporting reagent, equipment and maintenance requests and other related activities.
· Contributing to continuous process improvement to optimize timelines in the engineering pipeline.
What You Bring to the Table: InVivo Biosystems is looking for individuals that possess a positive can-do attitude, are motivated by doing a job well, are adaptable and flexible, have a continuous improvement mindset and will thrive in a fast-paced collaborative and diverse environment. In addition, successful candidates will have the following:
· BS in molecular biology, bioengineering or similar life sciences field and 4-7 years of related experience required, MS degree in similar fields with at least 2 years relevant experience preferred.
· Hands on experience with CRISPR genome editing methodologies (KO and HDR).
· Hands on experience with Tol2 transposon based transgenesis.
· Experience working with genome assemblies such as ensemble or NCBI.
· Experience with design of plasmids using vector building software such as Benchling, Ape or equivalent.
· Hands on experience with standard RE cloning methodology and diagnostic techniques.
· Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques including PCR, primer design, DNA Sequence Analysis.
· In-vitro transcription and RNA purification.
· Previous experience with microinjection.
· Ability to design and interpret High Resolution Melting (HRM) analyses.
· Functional knowledge of advanced homology based cloning methods such as Gibson Assembly, Golden Gate or Infusion.
· Preference will be given to applicants with previous Zebrafish experience.
TO APPLY: Go to https://invivobiosystems.com/careers/ and apply to this specific position. Note: job level will be dependent of the successful candidate’s combination of relevant education and experience.
How We Take Care of Our Humans
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, we offer a benefits package that includes:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401k Plan
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Flexible work schedules
· Employee Events – including Summer BBQs, community service, and holiday-related events (virtually and in-person when we are able)
· COVID-19 precautions include remote (Zoom) interviewing, remote meetings, office and lab safety protocols as well as regular environmental testing in our facilities.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Inclusion, it’s in our DNA. At InVivo Biosystems, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity. These are not just words for us – we actively seek to create an environment that reflects the global community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are scientists, researchers, business people, and barrier breakers - we are unique individuals. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion drive innovation. Together, we spark the insights that create a better, healthier world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.